Did you know that 70% of SEO experts monitor their Domain Authority score on a monthly basis? In today’s digital landscape, your Domain Authority (DA) is integral to the success of your website. As a ranking factor for the authority and dependability of your business as a source for key searchers, your DA score can make or break your position within a Google Search result. With this in mind, we’ve delved further into the importance of DA in your SEO strategy and compiled 7 lesser-known DA-boosting strategies that could see your SERP score skyrocketing in no time.
What is Domain Authority? Before we get into the strategies, let’s first understand our aim. As a business leader, you want your website to appear on the top page of a Google Search result. The top few websites are likely to receive the most clicks and are often viewed as industry leaders within their niche. This is where Domain Authority comes in. Domain Authority (DA) is a metric crafted by experts at Moz, that tells a search engine how reputable a website is when it comes to ranking results. Your DA score ranges from 0-100, with 100 being the most authoritative site, and 0 being the least. As a startup, you should aim for a score between 50-70 to have a chance at appearing on the first page of search results.
How Is DA Calculated? Moz calculates a DA score through various methods, with the most significant factor being the number of backlinks that refer directly to your domain. Moz uses an index called the Link Explorer to gather information and decide which websites with the most authoritative backlinks are worthy of higher DA scores. Large news sites such as BBC News (DA95) and giant brands such as Apple (DA99) have some of the highest DA scores, as they are frequently mentioned and hyperlinked within other content as sources of reputable information.
Lesser-Known Backlink Boosting Strategies: Here are 7 lesser-known backlink boosting strategies that could improve your DA:
1. Link Up Your Online Mentions – ensure your brand mentions come with an accompanying link.
2. Start Guest Posting – create valuable content and guest post on relevant industry sites.
3. Optimize Your Current Content – address your current content for better SEO before releasing new ideas.
4. Make That Content Sharable – promote your content across various platforms for more backlinks.
5. Try Niche Editing – insert links to your content in existing niche-relevant pieces of work.
6. Profit Off of Broken Links – offer to replace broken links with your own content on publications.
7. Partner With Reputable Domains – collaborate with high DA players in your niche for better link profiles.
Conclusion: As we step into a competitive future of marketing, it’s time to go beyond backlinks when aiming to boost your Domain Authority. Following the above strategies will not only improve your DA score but also establish your website as an authoritative leader within your industry.